Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hand Washing

It's amazing! I could ask, "Did you draw on the table?" "Yeah", he says with a smile. "Did you pull her hair?" "Yep!", he gleefully responds. Oh but if I ask, "Did you wash your hands?" "Yeeaaah!", he lies as he tries to flee the bathroom at sonic speed. Amazing! What is it about water that makes a liar out of tiny people. They lie to me about playing in it and lie to me about using it. Next comes the feeble attempt of sticking two fingers under the faucet for a second and then wasting three feet of paper towels drying them. IF soap makes an appearance, it is only on one palm and promptly washed off like an iceberg slipping into the ocean. Scrubbing? Scrubbing is too hard! The irony is too much. If I gave them a bucket of soapy water and a scrub brush, everything in sight would be scrubbed...twice. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what's wrong with being clean when we're young. I was like that as a kid and still don't know... Why were we so gross?!
    *shame*

    ReplyDelete