Monday, June 7, 2010

My Cartoon Moments

I started drawing cartoon strips for moments like these as a release for myself to see the humor in something otherwise infuriating. Oh, and here's a great one, putting on the shoes. “I don't wanna put my shoes on!”, the child wails as he squirms on the floor in front of you in seeming excruciating pain. Is there a bear trap inside of them? We haven't even reached the shoe putting on part, we are just working on the socks. Now comes the fake attempt to put a sock on. The half-heatedly sticking it over one toe, then pulling so hard it rockets off and he get's to moan, “ See, I can't do it!” Laziness! Wait, I hear the snack cart coming down the hall, and the socks fly. I've never seen socks and shoes go on little feet so fast. It's a miracle, suddenly the lost memories of how a sock goes on a foot returns, that missing shoe just popped out of nowhere onto his foot and I have a little one asking for his shoes to be tied who is apparently suffering from amnesia of the events that just took place. All for the love of food that they may or may not even attempt to eat, judging on how “funny” it looks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment