Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Supernova

We can't address tantrums without identifying the “supernova”. When a star suddenly turns off its production of energy, a supernova occurs. It hit me the other day that this was a perfect illustration of what happens to some children. “I'm not your friend!”, a little one sneers from across the table. Now it has begun. The little girl doubles over, balling up herself in a gravitational collapse that forms a black hole of energy. It doesn't matter what I say next, the anger is building and must be released in the most destructive way possible. I decide to try and intervene thinking I can stop the interstellar shock wave that is about to occur. I touch her shoulder gently and call her name. “NO!” she wails as the floodgate of tears release. Then an explosion of kicking, flailing, screaming child expands in every direction. I hold on for dear life, and take a mental snapshot of what my next comic will look like. 


4 comments:

  1. LOL, that was pretty good. I was laughing at the text before I even got to the comic. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'm glad it was a good set-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being the father of a 3 year old boy, i can relate to every strip on this page. Spot on. Especially the Tantrum. Sheesh.. thanks for the laughs ;)

    Oh, and your Brother says to update more often :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother is tenacious. I just couldn't help but share my unintentionally funny moments with people. I will have to post more often now. I don't know if I can get more than one a week though. I do have 15-19 children to corral every day.

    ReplyDelete